Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Loot Gloat: Delhi

I've been away in Delhi and nearby Haryana, India, for a week and a half to attend a couple of conferences, so my internet access has been pretty sporadic and consequently my blog posting temporarily died back.  Nothing at all to do with the fact that I spent most non-conference time in India sightseeing and shopping, of course!

Some bangles, bindis, and other baubles and beads, as well as cards and calendars:


And some scarves and suits (the soaps and sandalwood that alliteratively belong here were included in the previous photo):



(Schlüsselkäfer didn't get to come along on the India trip and is he ever FURIOUS about it. I explained that cadavers, even handsomely resin-entombed beetle cadavers, are simply not considered a fun accessory in Indian culture, but he wasn't buying it and high words unfortunately ensued. I'm sure we'll see him around again when he's through sulking, but in the meantime I would just like to state for the record that the phrase "zombie bug" was inappropriate and offensive and I'm sorry I used it. More posts coming soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment